20 quick facts about me:
- My name is Olivia. I have the most ridiculous amount of nicknames, courtesy of my friends and family (mostly my Mum).
- I am 25 years old, though I definitely feel younger.
- I have an undergraduate degree in Spanish and as a result of studying the language, I lived in Sevilla, Spain for a year. It was fantastic.
- I have a nut allergy but I eat peanut butter (to be discussed in a later blog post).
- I have a passion for American Country Music, and whiskey, by association (I have visited Nashville which is one of my all-time favourite holidays).
- My comfort food is Nachos. Or pizza. Or crackers and cheese. Or a roast chicken. Or thick slices of toast with peanut butter. Can you tell I’m a foodie?
- Some might say I am addicted to coffee (Cold Brew @ Starbucks is my weakness).
- I wish I could play the saxophone and guitar. I used to play the piano.
- I love to cook, bake and try new foods.
- I categorically cannot whistle. About 50 people who have tried to teach me can testify to that.
- I prefer dogs to cats every day of the week.
- I am obsessed with F.R.I.E.N.D.S. – I probably know every line and have seen each episode a ridiculous number of times. I regularly watch re-runs.
- My favourite old movie is High Society.
- A more modern favourite (my go-to comfort movie) is Father of the Bride. I cry each and every time I watch it.
- I am a creature of habit. I like routine and I need to be organised.
- I go to the gym/move/am active on average 5 times a week. I put this down to be a restless person. I need to be active, and a desk job necessitates being active even more so.
- I have to have my nails painted and without chips in them – I guess that’s part of the organiser in me.
- When I was younger, I wanted to be a professional dancer, or a professional tennis player.
- If I had one wish, I would wish for one more day with Grandpa (who sadly passed 4 years ago). He was my biggest supporter, and we were exceptionally close.
- I am very nervous about launching this blog site.
So other than the above, I am sure that you have assumed a couple of things about me simply from my “blogger name“. If I’m correct, you’re thinking, “she’s a lawyer”, and “she gets hangry”.
Well, you are correct!
I am a Trainee Solicitor in London. I obtained my diploma in law last year (after having already completed my undergraduate degree in Spanish), and I am currently just slightly over half way through my training contract at a London based law firm.
I’ll get it out there from the start – a fact that terrifies me – in less than one year, I shall (hopefully) be a qualified solicitor. So if you stay tuned to my blog, I’ll be providing updates on my career progression. Please feel free to get in touch if any of you happen to be aspiring lawyers, as I have tonnes of advice to share.
Now to the “Hangry” in my blog name. Yep, I love my food. It would be fair to say that I am health and fitness conscious, so I do enjoy watching trends and learning about new lifestyle crazes.
That being said, I am also that girl who will also search high and low for the all time best cheesecake, or the biggest, cheesiest plate of nachos in all the land. I very much intend to share my best restaurant finds, recipes, health tips, and other food and fitness related things.
I’m sure many of you are thinking that the market is saturated with food bloggers, BUT, I like to think I am a little bit different. Well, firstly, I am not just blogging about food. This is a lifestyle blog. However…
I have an extreme tree nut and seed allergy. Therefore, eating out has always been problematic for me, whether that is at the local restaurant in my neighbourhood, or when I go abroad. Because of that, I have a unique take on all things food, eating out, and allergy/intolerances, etc. I think there is a huge gap in the market for people to share living with allergies, and so I shall share my tips for navigating restaurants (both in the UK and abroad) and my thoughts on how to survive life as an allergy sufferer.
Full disclosure – my blog will feature rants about those restaurants that are horrendous for allergy sufferers… believe me, there are a shocking number of them! Hopefully, I can bring some awareness, as I am passionate about striving for change!
For more about what I hope to share through this blog, please head over and read my First Post: Welcome to My Blog, with a more detailed Welcome from Me, The Hangry Lawyer.
Comment, like, and enjoy!
~The Hangry Lawyer, xoxo~